National Scout Jamboree Contingent
The 2017 Jamboree is coming soon, with event registration available now.
The Jamboree department at BSA National Council has launched the Summit/Jamboree Web site. Go to this portal site for Jamboree information and event registration. Sign-up today!
To support Jamboree contingent development in councils, the Jamboree department issued the following updates:
- Jamboree 2017 application instructions
Steps to sign up for Old Colony Council Contigent:
Note: To submit a NEW Jamboree application, you will need your My.Scouting username and password. If you do not have a my.scouting.org account, go to my.scouting.org and follow the directions to create an account. Your account profile will need your scout ID number. Find this number on your membership card or get it from your unit leader or Council office.
- The My.Scouting account needs to be in the name of the person attending the Jamboree, not the parent/guardian that is completing the application for a youth participant.
- The My.Scouting account needs to be linked to the Jamboree participant’s current BSA membership number.
- Complete form online.
- Print form (request to attend form).
- Attendee signs, parents signs, current unit leader signs.
- Submit to Council office with $300 deposit.
Check out the key dates below and start planning now to be a part of history at the very first jamboree at The Summit.
- The Jamboree - July 19 to July 28, 2017
- Jamboree Registration - SIGN UP NOW!
Link to Summit’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheBechtelSummit/?fref=ts for the latest scoop on The National Scout Jamboree.
Old Colony Council Contingent Details
Traveling from July 18 to July 29, 2017
Stops at Gettysburg, PA on way to the Jamboree and Hershey Park on return trip.
Contingent consists of 6 Boy Scout Troops of 40 and 2 Venturing Crews of 10.
To apply for a unit position complete the National Jamboree Scout Leader form and the council's application.(See the leader application info and leader application.)
The selection of Assistant Leaders is currently being performed. Leaders are required to recruit scouts from their unit.
Contingent Leader: Peter Glass
Staff Advisor: Rick Poirier
Scoutmasters: To be announced
Crew Advisors: To be announced
Need to Know Info:
Need to know more information about OCC Jamboree Contingent plans? Get more now by viewing this Old Colony Council contingent presentation.