Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online. Use Online Advancement to add ranks, merit badges and awards and to update information on existing advancements (except the Eagle Scout rank).
To Use Online Advancement:
1. Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Obtain unit ID code from the council. The unit advancement processor attend the April roundtable, and can obtain the unit ID code there.
3. Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
4. Click Online Advancement button on this page.
Start Online Advancement
Follow the instructions in Online Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report. Don't feel shy about using the online help.
Online Advancement Help
5. Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit to the council. Save a copy for your files.
The Unit should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often it needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update unit and council statistics.
If you are currently maintaining your advancement records on TroopMaster or PackMaster, you can upload your advancement report into Scoutnet. Be sure to following the instruction below to ensure the process works correctly.
First you will need to make sure that the names and the birthdates match what we have in scoutnet. Please do not use nicknames or initials. If there are any corrections you will need to call or come in and have them fixed. If you have a troop, team and crew in your TroopMaster you will need to flag each scout's advancement.
To make a file for upload:
1. Open TroopMaster.
2. Go to Reports.
3. Under Reports go to Advancement and Awards.
4. Go to Court of Honor/4403.
5. Select a start date that will cover all of your advancement records.
This will be required the first time only. Enter the end date as today?s date. You will need to put in a date for awards needed.
6. MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS A BLACK DOT ON SCOUTNET REPORT. This is under 4403 Options.
7. Click Ok.
8. Then you will be able to review the report. At the top of the report click on the disk icon to save the report.
9. After you click the icon you will have four file format options to choose from.
10. Make sure you pick the option that says SCOUTNET? (*.csv).
11. Select a folder on your computer to save this report and be able to locate it later.
PLEASE NOTE: It automatically saves it to a folder, but it is easier if you select a folder that you know where it is!
12. Once you have saved the file it should be in this format ADVXXXXX. (XXXX will be replaced with your unit number). If it is not then it will not work. Make sure you have followed all the steps above.
13. Now you can go to the Online Advancement website and upload this file.
After you have finished submitting your report for the first time you will be able to create upload files using the end and start date in troopmaster. You will just change the dates on the report and follow the steps above.